Thursday 22 November 2012

A little reflection on money and visuals





I'm starting to find it pretty shocking how much money people have, I've always found money interesting. When you go to the bank put your little plastic card into the machine and see computerized numbers on the screen telling you how much money you have. Just some numbers on the screen, that basically place you in the social group/situation that you are in now. They define people, split people and decide how you get to live. It's mad to me what 'the rich' must see when they put their cards into a machine (if they even bother). Something interesting about the visuals in that though. How do you visualize money? Numbers or notes?

On that point, I remember taking cash out at Tesco and they had a Cravendale milk ad on the screen before I withdrew my money, asking me if I knew about how long their milk lasted unopened and actually wanted me to respond before they allowed me to have my money, crazy. No point me doing that kind of advertising though, don't think you'd see a millionaire at a cash point.

No comments:

Post a Comment