Friday 30 November 2012

Vodka Advertisements

Diva Vodka Advertisements. 

This Vodka is made with colored swarovski crystals (or 'gems' as they call them in a center column in the bottle.
Various color versions as well as custom colors are available. 
I personally think that the different colours down the centre are very suitable to what I need to do with my products, somehow my 3 products need to look the same but at the same time have 3 very different uses and this needs to be visible either in the advertisements themselves or in the packaging of the product. I love how beautiful these bottles are, it's a shame they're ruined with the terrible typography (bit harsh?).

 Diva Vodka describes themselves as 'The worlds most glamorous vodka' which to me is a pretty lazy end-line but there we go. Everything about this vodka is obviously aimed at women; the multi-coloured swarovski crystals, the brand name 'Diva', the visuals of the vodka linked to beautiful flowers (white roses; innocent, pure) or incredible rings (wealth, beauty). Again, like the Bollinger ads, the bottle is centre of the advertisement. They are well lit, the liquid inside basically unnoticeable which gives you the sense of a perfect vodka, absolutely clean. A bottle of this stuff is going online between £50-£65 for a 70cl bottle.
 I love that this vodka has it's own website, something I was considering doing with my product, although like this one, my product wouldn't be available to buy online from the website. The most interesting thing I found on the website (www.divavodka.co.uk) was that there was a downloadable 'brochure'. This excited me a heck of a lot, but I was dissapointed to find that it was basically a two page PDF file with the shown picture of a '1920's' classic, beautiful woman with a bottle of Diva Vodka stamped in the bottom right hand corner. The second page constisted of a bigger image of the bottle with a description of the vodka along side "Diva Vodka is a wheat-based vodka that is triple distilled and
ice-filtered through Nordic birch charcoal.
The bottle contains a tube filled with crystals that can be used
as a garnish. The 48 crystals in each bottle include cubic zircona,
smoky topaz, pink tourmaline, amethyst, citrine and peridot and
the crystals in each bottle are hand-filled with each bottle having a
unique combination of crystals."
The images aren't even of a good quality which doesn't really stick with the brand's obvious 'glamorous image'. However I think that what they have set out to do with their brand is pretty similar to my outlook, the main differences being that mine is to start a new way to drink tea and will be available to everyone, not just aimed at women. Also something nice to add that I just found out 'The DIVA premium ranges in price from $3,700 and $1 million.'


Oval Vodka Advertisement

Oval vodka is by far my favourite branding. 'Vodka's Natural Evolution' really excites me, the world evolution, is brilliant! It makes the reader feel that this is the way the world was meant to be, the world evolved so that Oval vodka could exist, making it a part of history. It's just brilliant. But with a pricetage of £45 for 70cl I don't think I'll be buying any, any time soon. They've obviously gone with a 'space-vibe' for this advertisement, fitting with the evolution idea. The blue's work really well, still keeping the vodka looking pure and crystal clear while fitting in with the end-line connotations. I also like how they've included a 'martini/cocktail' glass in the background to promote the fact that their drink is to be enjoyed best in something seen as 'posher' (sorry for my shocking grammar) rather than enjoyed in a long glass with a mixer such as coke/lemonade.It also gives off the idea that this vodka could maybe enjoyed straight, cause you aren't going to fit much else in that glass. 

The liquid coming out of the bottle seems to be taking the form of something other-worldley, something completely different to anything you've seen vodka do before in other words. It's also a very beautiful composition, whatever it is, and reminds me of microscopic cells (once again linking to the idea of evolution). The vodka is becoming a part of us (I know vodka is definitely a part of me). 

Well, just been on the website and found this "We recommend that you drink OVAL Vodka straight and not too chilled. (14-15C/57-59F)" which definitely shows what I thought the advert was trying to say... drink it straight. 

 Taken from the website this vodka's main aim is obviously PURITY, as is so nicely written in capitals on the main page (http://www.oval-vodka.co.uk/) I really love the branding of this vodka, the simplicity, love something when it's simple. As you can see from the image on the right they've gone for the blinged out look, and if I'm not mistaken that bottle on the right retails at $6,922, the bottle is limited edition and is festooned with 7000 Swarovski crystals. The showcase of the bottle has to be a luxurious one hence it was displayed on "The Glorifier," which is a rotating LCD display unit, highlighting the sparkling Swarovski crystals. The bottle is available only at the exclusive places like well-known night clubs and Embassy, Dolce, Amika, Maya, Tramp, Maddox and Chinawhite.

If it's hard for you to read the bottom paragraphs this is one of my favourite exerts '
The exceptional aspect of structured OVAL Vodka is its distinctively harmonious taste, its absolute purity and premium-class quality.
In this way, its multifaceted taste components are able to unfold sip-by-sip. Drinking OVAL ice-cold, as is usual with other vodkas, hides all its aromas and represses the taste receptors.' 

You can't go wrong with words like distinctively harmonious, absolute purity, premium-class, multifaceted, taste receptors. All sounds so thrilling.


I think it's important for me to look at adverts for the world's most expensive drinks, such as Vodka and Champagne. I also think it's important to add that these drinks tend to be alcoholic, alcohol being one of the world's favourite indulgences. I heard the most amazing thing yesterday watching Russel Howard's Good News, it was a scene taken from a news show looking at the recent floods in the UK and one of the locals was talking about how he was trying to help some people stranded in a rubber dingy in the middle of the flood he said the following 'Well I gave them the essentials you know, wine and vodka' god I love being British. 

With my brand being tea I think it's time for a post on the world's most expensive tea, showing the differences that will be between said tea and my product, and the similarities that will be between my product and these expensive alcohols. 

No comments:

Post a Comment