Thursday 22 November 2012

Looking into Gilt Groupe

After reading the article about the new Luxury Magazine aimed at the rich, I obviously need to do a bit of research into the Gilt Groupe - cannot believe I didn't know about it till now. 

(Little bit of wiki research - sorry)

Gilt Groupe is a shopping website based in the United states, offering its members merchandise, clothing, home decor, delicatessen food, travel and activities. Gilt Groupe was founded in 2007 and has 5 million members. In 2009, FastCompany called it the "darling of luxury-obsessed bargain hunters."

Just had to make my very own Gilt profile to gain access to the website...

The website seems to be based mostly around designer offers, feeding consumerism and materialistic needs. With words like 'indulgences' and describing items worth hundreds of pounds as 'little indulgences'. The Jetsetter section interests me the most, a 'flash sale' on suites at the Mamaison. I'm surprised though, it's not as expensive and exclusive as I thought it would be... However it would be  good place for me to maybe think about putting my advertisements on to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment